Monday, March 12, 2007

Easy At Home Pedicure

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX
It is getting closer to sandal weather here in Texas and I will not spend the money for a pedicure, as it is $30.00 plus a tip. Here is what I do to give myself an inexpensive home pedicure. I hope these tips will inspire you to treat yourself to a little pampering, which will give you nice looking toes for those sandals.

First, fill a large pan or bowl with warm, soapy water and spread a clean soft towel beside it to dry your feet on. Next, I use a cosmetic square cotton pad, (not the round ones because they soak up to much polish remover ) to remove any old polish or any oils on my toenails. Then I file and clip any of my toenails that need TLC, do this gently and do not cut too short.

Now, I am ready to soak my feet for about five minutes. This is a good time for me to look at a magazine article or close my eyes and meditate on the good things in my life! When you are ready, take your feet out of the water and slough off any dry skin with an inexpensive foot brush or foot stone made for removing dry skin. All of these things can be bought at Wal-Mart or at your local dollar store. At this time, I also push back the cuticles GENTLY with an orange stick, also known as a cuticle stick.

Next, put on your polish. I apply one stroke of polish in the middle, then one sweep down each side. It gives me a good quick coverage. My toes don't take long to polish. Sometimes, I wait about 5 minutes and apply a second coat of polish. It takes about 15 minutes for polish to dry, so be careful. The last thing I do is apply a moisturizing lotion to my feet and I am good to go.

Oh, one other item you can apply before the moisturizing lotion is a quick dry top coat, which allows the polish to dry faster. There are several great brands available at your discount drugstore. I often have great coupons on Sally Hansen products and Revlon, too. Hope this inspires you to relax and give yourself a pedicure, or do this for a friend. My sister did this for me one time when I visited and I was grateful for the gift. In fact, she is the one I learned all these great tips from.

0 comments: